Santiago is only a few taps away, make this beautiful city your next stop for holiday with American Airlines. Book the lowest airfares for some of the hottest cities in America, enjoy bigger and better savings by getting your American Airlines flight tickets booked with some of the best travel agents.
If you haven’t registered your name dial American Airlines toll-free number today.
Today we are going to show some things that can help you understand the city better.
1. Santiago is one of the largest cities in the Americas; it is also the largest capital city of Chile. Santiago is sandwiched at the canalized river of Mapocho where you can get a 360-degree view of the Andean peaks.
2. Santiago has been a capital city and was originally founded by Pedro de Valdivia in 1541.
3. More than 8 million people live here making it one of the densest regions in Chile.
4. Most of the buildings in Santiago reflect a 19th-century neoclassical structure. You can spot many buildings with neo-gothic and art deco styles of architecture.
5. It got its name Santiago after St James which is a biblical figure.
6. Santiago will be hosting the-2023 Pan American Games.
7. The earliest human settlement in Santiago has been recorded as early as the 10th millennium BC. It was inhabited by a group of hunters, nomads, gatherers who wandered from place to place for guanacos.
8. Santiago experiences a cool semi-arid type of climate with dry and warm summers and cool winters.
9. Some of the best art museums in Santiago include –Municipal Theatre of Santiago, Placio de La Moneda, Contemporary Art Museum of Santiago, Fine Arts Museum, etc.
10. Other major attractions in Santiago include San Cristobal Hill, Santa Lucia Hill, Plaza De Armas, Museum of Memory and Human Rights, etc.